Most business owners don’t enjoy bookkeeping or accounting. Yet they carry on because they have a do-it-yourself (DIY) attitude and think hiring an accountant is a luxury. After all, why not work a little later and do the books yourself?
However, here are some of the pitfalls to Do-IT-Yourself bookkeeping and accounting:
- You may fail to take advantage of tax breaks because you do not know how to claim valid expenses.
- Invoicing falls behind, and you spend time chasing unpaid accounts.
- You may underestimate your tax bill and owe interest and penalties to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or your state.
- When you do file your tax returns and other compliance paperwork, it is too late to avoid fines.
- You need more reliable information to help you make solid business decisions.
A good accountant will help you keep current on your tax obligations, identify savings, and help you grow your business. However, it is essential to use them correctly to ensure your money is well spent.
When you are searching for an account, look for these signs in your search:
- Hire a CPA – Make sure your accountant is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). CPAs are licensed and qualified to perform a full range of accounting, tax, and financial advisory services.
- Experience – Ask questions to determine if your accountant has solid expertise and perspective in your industry.
- Check Client Reviews – You want someone who is trusted and has built trust among other business professionals.
- Proactive – not just administering your accounts and accounting processes but also looking beyond that to help your business succeed.
- Honesty and transparency. You want to know who you will work with and how you will communicate.
Estess CPAs specialize in serving the needs of small businesses with professional accounting, bookkeeping, tax planning, and payroll services. We help you achieve your financial goals through proper planning. Contact Estess CPAs today to schedule your free 30 minute consultation.
Estess & Associates, LLC
Small Business Services
7822 Highway 23
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
Estess & Company, LLC
Certified Public Accountants
128 Lakewood Drive
Luling, LA 70070